Based on the proven methodology of the Side by Side series, Side by Side Extra
enhances learning and instruction with the all new eText. The eText activities
complement the program’s dynamic conversational approach and supports
students’ independent practice for self-paced learning, including complete audio.
• eText connects point-of-use audio to Student Book pages for lively and effective
• eText FunZone with skill-building activities, eFlashcards for vocabulary practice,
engaging videos, and games reinforces each unit’s objectives.
• Built-in assessment, and vocabulary and skills checklists enable students to
assess their progress.
• Expanded Workbook with Digital Audio CDs provide supplementary Gazette
activities, listening activities, and “Can-Do” reviews.
Use the eText to:
• “Flip” the lesson plan by moving some of the core conversation practice to
students’ time outside of class.
• Work through the lesson and activities in the lab, or assigned with the audio as
homework for out-of-class practice on computers and tablets.